How To Maximize Your AutoDJ’s space, Re-encoding your MP3 Files
The AutoDJ is a very nice tool to stream audio without having your computer on all the time. The way this work is, you will have access to an online web interface where you can create playlists to stream your audio files. The AutoDJ comes with many features but we will focus on how to maximize your AutoDJ space.
With the Autodj you will have to upload your files to a server where then you can create a playlist with these files. Space varies depending on how much space did you bought with the streaming plan. Some people make a big mistake and waste their Autodj space when they upload their mp3 files with a higher bitrate than the birthrate they are streaming.
For example, let say your AutoDJ space is 1GB and all your mp3 files are 4:00 minutes long:
- 4:00/min at 128/kbps = 3.75 MB – This means you can upload 273 files to your 1GB space
- 4:00/min at 96/kbps = 2.81 MB – This means you can upload 364 files to your 1GB space
- 4:00/min at 64/kbps = 1.87 MB – This means you can upload 547 files to your 1GB space
- 4:00 min 32/kbps = 0.93 MB – This means you can upload 1,101 files to your 1GB space
As you see if you encode your mp3 files to match your streaming plan you will get the most of your AutoDJ space.
How to Re-encode all my mp3 files?
I knew that question was coming so here is what you need to do, I am going to assume you don’t have a software to do this and also you don’t want to spend more money. This is a free solution to an mp3 Re-encoding, all at once, fast and simple.
In this tutorial, we will show you with Audacity for windows but Audacity also comes for Mac and Linux.
Step 1 for mp3 Re-encoding, Software Installation:
- Download Audacity (Audacity 1.3.13 (Beta))
- Install Audacity
- Run Audacity
- Go to Edit>Preferences>Libraries Click “LAME MP3 Library” Download
- Download Lame For Audacity and run the file. (Pay attention to where you install LAME MP3 encoder.
- Go to Edit>Preferences>Libraries Click “MP3 Library” Locate and browse for (lame_enc.dll ) usually here C: Program Files (x86)Lame For Audacitylame_enc.dll
- Go to Edit>Preferences>Inport/Export and turn off (un-check) the option “Show Metadata Editor before Export Step”
- Click OK and close this window
Step 2 for mp3 Re-encoding, The Encoding:
- Go to File>Import>Audio and select your files (recommendation start with 10 then 20 etc.)
- Then Go to File>Export Multiples… and select Export format MP3
- Click Options next to Export format option
- Select the Quality you want to Re-encode the files
- Choose Export Location
- Click Export
This is a faster way to do a tedious re-encoding to maximize your AutoDJ space.
If you like this article or find it useful please share it.
Build your Radio Station now.